Home » Trade Associations

Trade Associations








What is the FMB?

Before becoming a Master Builder members must meet strict membership criteria as well as passing a vetting process.On joining, Master Builder members must have a minimum of 12 months trading, pass an independent inspection, have public and employers’ liability insurance & pass credit and director checks.So as a home owner you’re assured of a better result, knowing you’re working with the best builders.

Since 2011, all of members have passed an independent inspection before joining and from 2015 all members are inspected every 3 years. Member inspections are carried out by an inspector from the British Board of Agrément, an independent organisation accredited by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service.The Federation of Master Builders has been improving standards and helping our members to build better for over 75 years.

What is the RIDBA?

The Rural and Industrial Design and Building Association (RIDBA) is the recognised trade association for the modern agriculture and industrial buildings industry representing contractors, fabricators, designers, surveyors, planners, manufacturers and colleges.

RIDBA was formed in 1956 and until 1991 was known as the Farm Buildings Association (FBA) when it changed its name to The Rural Design and Building Association (RDBA). In 2005 it changed its name again to the Rural and Industrial Design and Building Association (RIDBA), in recognition that the differences in construction practices between industrial and farm buildings was reducing all the time and the fact that many members were involved in both.

RIDBA membership is a mark of quality and identifies companies as part of an elite group of professional and reputable market leaders. RIDBA provides a wide range of benefits and services to members, ensuring that they are uniquely placed to deliver the highest quality standards for their clients.