|Mezzanine Floor Building Regulations
The relevant statutory requirements applicable to the UK for Mezzanine Floors are as follows:
The Building Regulations 1991 (applicable to England and Wales)
The functional requirements are given in Schedule 1 with regard to Part A: Structure, Part B: Fire Safety etc. Detailed guidance approved by the Secretary of State for meeting the Building Regulations is given in the following relevant Approved Documents:
- Approved Document A: Structure;
- Approved Document B: Fire Safety;
- Approved Document K: Stairs, ramps and guards;
- Approved Document M: Means of access for the disabled.
Other approaches may provide compliance.
The Building (Scotland) Regulations 1990 with subsequent amendments
- Regulation 9: Compliance with building standards. Technical Standards Part A.
- Regulation 10: Fitness of materials. Technical Standards Part B.
- Regulation 11: Structure. Technical Standards Part C;
- Regulation 12: Structural fire precautions. Technical Standards Part D;
- Regulation 13: Means of escape from fire and facilities for fire fighting. Technical Standards Part E;
- Regulation 32: Stairs, ramps and protective barriers. Technical Standards Part S.
- Regulation 33: Access and facilities for disabled people. Standards Part T.